Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sewing For Someone Else

I didn't feel like starting a new quilt so it was either finish some pj's for my niece
 
 
or make aprons for gifts,
 
 
or make pillowcases.
 


I decided to make some more pillowcases for ConKerr Cancer.  I first heard about this organization last year.  Arrow Sewing Cabinets had a contest to win a Gidget sewing table and all you had to do was make a pillowcase and send it to them.  They would draw a name and the winner would get a Gidget.  Easy peasy and I might win a sewing table so why not?  The problem is that I am now addicted to making them.  It's kind of like eating just one M&M or one strawberry or one potato chip.  It just can't be done!  Now I'm hungry.
 
I digress. 
 
For the first eighteen years of my life I spent weeks at a time in the hospital and know from experience how BORING and DULL and SCARY it can be.  Back in the dark ages the hospital rooms were a horrid green and you weren't allowed many items in your room for fear of germs.  It could be really depressing and not conducive to getting well. 
 
The idea of making pillowcases in bright, happy, fun colors that a child or teen could use while they are undergoing treatment and take home with them was just to much for me and the addiction began.
 
I whipped these out Sunday.


 
 
Now they get added to these.


And these

 
for a total of 78.
 
My goal was to make 365, one for each day of the year but unless I win the lottery that's not going to happen.   Even with a coupon to JoAnn's it's still expensive.
 
Sooooo, it's been taken down to 100.  Almost there!  Only 22 to go till there will be 100 smiles!
 
 
 
ENJOY YOUR DAY
 
 
RINA
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been busy and love all the pillow cases for such a wonderful cause! I hope you either win the table or.....the lottery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 pillowcases is still very generous of you. What a great thing you are doing. I know each recipient will love the one they get.

    ReplyDelete